4 Day Culinary – Cultural Luxury Tour,
23rd September – 6th October 2018
- 3 Hands On Cooking Classes,1 Cooking Demo
- Each couple have their own Air Conditioned Vehicle to explore the culture, environment, food and people of this exotic island paradise called Sri Lanka
- Safari at Minneriya – Elephant Gathering
- First Class train trip from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- High Tea in the hill country, among the sprawling tea plantation
- 5 Star accommodation in some of Sri Lanka’s spectacular Boutique Hotels and Villas
- A Degustation Dinner at one of Sri Lanka’s best boutique hotel by an award winning chef
$6800 pp Twin Share
(Single Supplement available)
Some of Sri Lanka’s best known Chefs will escort you to the local markets to pick fresh produce before each lesson. Cooking lessons aside, this tour is designed to give you plenty of time to rest, relax, explore and enjoy all that Sri Lanka has to offer. You will stay at the finest hotels and enjoy a scrumptious buffet breakfast every morning and dinner fit for kings and queens. There is no tour bus or tour group as such. Each couple (or family) will have a dedicated car and chauffeur / tour guide who will drive you where you want to go, when you want to go. Enjoy the culture, history, food, wildlife and people as you discover this beautiful Island Paradise that is Sri Lanka.
Some of the destinations you will visit
Day 1 and 2 – The vibrant colours of Negombo, a small fishing village on the west coast of Sri Lanka. Visit the fish market with Chef. Your cooking class will commence on day 2, during this time you will be guided in your own Masterchef class through the traditional spices used to create the dishes that you will make for lunch. Using local produce.
Optional Activities – Enjoy a sailboat ride in a traditional fishing boat, walk along the beach or even shop at the many beach side strip shops
Day 3 – Proceed to your luxurious hotel in the Cultural Triangle where heritage and culture abounds. On the way visit the Dambula Cave Temples and the rest of the day is yours to enjoy your surroundings and explore your hotel and maybe indulge in an Aruvedic Massage.
Day 4 – In the morning before breakfast you will be taken to a real farmer’s market and a central trading hub in Dambulla.
Optional Activities – Sigiriya rock fortress, Dambula Cave Temples, Polonnaruwa ancient city, Minneriya National Park for an evening wildlife safari.
Optional Activities – Take a walk with your own naturalist along the Hiriwadunna Trek and a canoe ride on the lake. On the way visit a working farm and see how crops are grown, harvested, then milled and made into a mouthwatering Roti….this is a must do activity and is priceless.
Day 5 – A 3 hr drive to Kandy will allow you to explore so much along the way. The Boutique hotel that you will stay in for 1 night in Kandy is nestled high up in the hills, the views are stunning and out of this world.
Optional Activities – Visit the famous and very religious site – Temple of the Tooth and the beautiful and lush Peradeniya Botanical Gardens and see a Cultural show at night.
Day 6, 7 and 8 – In the morning drive to your hotel located in the hill country of Sri Lanka. This area is famous for its tea plantations and drive along the roads is breathtaking. Stop along the way to see a number of waterfalls as the change climate and vegetation is refreshing.
This morning, you will be taken through the tea plantations, to a tea factory to witness and experience the age-old process of tea making. Once you return to the hotel, you will be having a Cooking Class.
Optional Activities – Take a long walk, through the many gardens and tracks of the Tea Plantation or have a game of Golf with some of the worlds most magnificent views as your backdrop.
Day 9, 10, 11 – After breakfast you will leave the hill country to travel down south – 6 hrs. The drive is relaxed and you can stop as many times as you like, visiting the many sights along the way. Once you arrive at your hotel, the rest of the afternoon is yours to rest and relax.
Day 10 – After breakfast you will be taken for your Cooking Class
Today you will make a unique dish that is famous to this region and it’s people. The dessert is also very traditional to the region and is the cherry on top of your final Cooking Class.
Optional Activities – Galle Fort and the infamous Cricket Ground where Sri Lanka and Australia have battled out many matches. Visit a Turtle Hatchery and a Cinnamon Plantation en route back to Colombo
Day 12 and 13 – After breakfast you will be taken to Colombo, this is a short drive and along the way there are many things to stop and see.
On your last night a special farewell dinner will be hosted for you in a spectacular location.
Day 14 – All good things must eventually come to an end. Today you will be transferred to the airport (Approx. 40 mins) to catch the flight to your onward destination.
Thank you for visiting Sri Lanka, we look forward to seeing you again…
Ayubowan (May you live long)
Optional Activities – Last minute shopping as you will be in the Hub of Colombo…visit places like Barefoot(Clothing, Homewares, Handicrafts), Paradise Road (Homewares), Odel (Clothing), Lakpahana (Handicrafts), Suriya Collections (Homewares) for a vast array of local handicrafts and gifts.
What is included in the cost?
- Accommodation at some Sri Lanka’s finest hotels
- Private air-conditioned bus and an English speaking guide for the duration of the trip (all scheduled travel from Day 1 to Day 12, including airport transfers) – 12 Day Ladies Tour Only
- Private air-conditioned car and an English speaking chauffeur-guide for the duration of the trip (all scheduled travel from Day 1 to Day 14, including airport transfers) – 14 Day Luxury Tour Only
- Local government taxes & service charges
- A grand breakfast every day and the meals prepared at each cooking lesson – As specified in the Itinerary
- Preparation for cooking demonstrations at each hotel including shopping allowance for the requisite produce, meat and seafood
- Cooking stations at each venue (no, you don’t have to do the washing up afterwards)
What is not-included?
- Visas (please visit www.eta.gov.lk for visa requirements)
- Vaccines (please consult your doctor)
- Optional tours and activities
- Return Flights to Sri Lanka – there are always special airfares that run throughout the year. The cost is approx: $850 – $1100. Sri Lankan Airlines is now flying non stop to Colombo.
- Airport taxes
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights
- All expenses of personal nature
- Tips and portage
- All entrance fees not specified above – including access to golf courses, cultural shows and other tourist attractions
- Optional excursions (Wildlife Safari, Spa and Aruvedic massages)
- Travel costs for extra travel (wildlife safaris, shopping excursions, etc. @ US$ 0.30 per Km)